7 Habits That Are Good For Your Lips
I know that most people don't like to think about it, but: lips will age with us, and because they don't have much muscle in them, they're often one of the first signs of aging skin. What can we do to keep them looking young and beautiful now?
Here are some tips to help keep your lips healthy:
- Moisturize: Moisturizing your lips is the best thing you can do for them. If you have dry lips, apply a moisturizer to them at night before you go to bed and wake up with soft, hydrated lips.
- Avoid using lip balms with harsh ingredients: Some lip balms contain waxes, which are actually bad for your lips because they block moisture from being absorbed into your skin. Lip balms that don't contain waxes are okay, but make sure that they're water-based and won't clog your pores.
- Use lip scrubs: Exfoliating your lips keeps dead skin cells off of them so their natural oils can be absorbed better into the skin when they're applied afterwards! You can opt to try our Kayla B Beauty lip scrub. It’s made with vegan ingredients that are best for sensitive skin. Our Kayla B Beauty lip scrub has 3 variants namely Peach Lip Scrub, Pina Colada Lip Scrub, and Pink Lemonade Lip Scrub.
- Wear sunscreen! Sunscreen is great for your entire body—and it can help prevent chapping on your lips.
- Don’t smoke! Smoking can dry out your mouth, which can cause chapping on the lips.
- Drink lots of water! Dehydration can also lead to chapping and cracking on the lips, so be sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day, or more if you are feeling thirsty.
- Eat healthy foods! Foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids can help keep your skin soft and supple. Some examples include salmon, tuna, and avocados.
When it comes to taking care of your lips, as with most beauty routines, it's important to be consistent. In other words, if you want your lips to stay soft and supple, you need to moisturize them on a regular basis. If you can't remember the last time you did that, then now is a good time to start!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.